Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blog Readers, Assemble!

Today is a special update! Still going to do the weekly nonsense, but while I'm at it, I thought I'd bring the full force of my 3 subscribers and dozens of half-interested family members to bear on Washington!

Enough writing about it, let's do something for Jesus.

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2241/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3097

There's this war that's been going on in Uganda for a long long time. However you feel about war in general, it's hard to feel good about this one. The rebels have been rounding up children, torturing them, then handing them guns and sending them out to fight.

I've called one congressman today, and I'm calling the other one tomorrow, simply because I believe in a risen savior who calls us to do everything we can to bring his kingdom about in our lives and in others' lives. Call a congressman, then do something that actually helps and say a prayer!

(jake)

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2241/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3097

No comments: